Thursday, May 1, 2014

More Monthly Moments: April...

Hey, everyone! I have another little pocket page to share with you made with the Monthly Moments: April stamps, dies and the April Journal cards by Papertrey Ink. (You can get the items separately, or get the whole kit here.) I printed out a few of my favorite pics from Easter and wanted to get them in my scrapbook.

If you are on my Facebook page, you probably will already have seen these pics. We had a quiet Easter this year. Kati is 8, so I thought she would want to do the egg hunt at our rec center, but she said she was "too old". I was so bummed! Of course, I wanted pictures!! ha. But really, I am sad they are getting "too old" for some of our traditions. We dyed eggs on Saturday before Easter. I don't know if you can see, but Kati's Littlest Pet Shops are in the background watching her dye eggs. :) I used the Simply Framed stamp set in a few places here as well ("documented" and "love this") and the Monthly Moments: April die.
Here I added "so cute" stamped on vellum with the Monthly Moments: April stamps. 

The journaling is printed on vellum, but I added a white background, so you can read it better. 

On the right is a pocket card I made myself. It started out as vellum with a few of the Filigree Borders die cut and stitched on and a Beautiful Butterfly over the top. But I felt like it needed more color, so I added one of the April Journal Cards underneath the finished vellum piece. The Button Stacks II die dressed up the butterfly center. I love making some of my own cards to dress up the pages. Oh, and the polkdot dots were punched out of the umbrella from the stamp set. I had some umbrellas stamped and was going to try to work them into the page, but I didn't end up using them as umbrellas. However, they are cute as punched dots too!
All right, I feel like I need to explain this next pic. LOL!...

We were doing FaceTime with my husband's family on Easter, and Kati made us all bunny ears to wear out of paper the night before, so we all put them on while we did FaceTime with them. So his mom took a picture of her TV screen with us and our bunny ears! I asked her to email it to me, then I cropped it down and took the TV out of the pic, so it's not very good quality, but still fun! I think she snapped it before we were smiling and ready for the pic, but I still like it. :) And would you know, my dog kept her ears on the whole time we talked to them! Hilarious! We laughed and laughed!

Behind the photo is a tag I made with one of the journaling cards and stamped with "true story" from the Wet Paint II stamp set. And the little flower is Button Stacks II with the Filigree Border die again.

Tips to keep your pocket pages quick/simple: 

1. Choose a few of your favorite pictures from the day or event. Only your favorites! Don't worry about the rest. Or you can tuck the others in the pockets behind your favorites. 
2. Arrange the pics you chose on your page. Balance out the "weight" of the photos, so one side is not heavier feeling than the other.
3. Decide where your journaling will go. Add a tag? Fill a whole pocket with journaling? Write important info on back of photos?
4. And last, fill in the rest of the spaces in with color (i.e. journal cards, stamps, embellishments, washi tape, etc.) Try to balance out the color on each side for a more pleasing look. 
5. Think of the little pockets as individual cards instead of the whole as a scrapbook layout! It's easier for me to scrap that way...maybe it will work for you too!
6. Don't think too much about it! Cut and paste and call it good! Your family will appreciate the wonderful memories you captured in your album. 

April Pocket Page Layout:
(All supplies by Papertrey Ink unless otherwise noted.)
STAMPS: Monthly Moments: April, Simply Framed, Wet Paint II
INK: True Black, Raspberry Fizz, Hawaiian Shores, Summer Sunrise
PAPER: Monthly Moments: April Journal Card Collection, vellum, white/Raspberry Fizz/Harvest Gold/Spring Moss cardstock
DIES: Monthly Moments: April die, Filigree Border die, Button Stacks II die
OTHER: hole punch, washi tapes, twine, machine stitching.
______


Just for fun, I made one more card with the Monthly Moments: April Journal Card Pack and the Monthly Moments: April stamps. I layered two of the journal cards together (trimmed the top one off a tiny bit on the top and bottom, so the card underneath would show), then added some flowers to the centers of the floral card cut with the Button Stacks II die. 
The stamped sentiment is popped up and a piece of seam binding is tied around it. Two of the leaves are cut out with a craft knife and folded up for dimension just on the tips of the leaves.

 Remember This card:
(All supplies by Papertrey Ink unless otherwise noted.)
STAMPS: Monthly Moments: April
INK:  Ripe Avocado
PAPER: Lemon Tart cardstock, white, journaling cards from Monthly Moments: April Journal Card Paper Collection
DIES: Button Stacks II die
OTHER: Papertrey Ink felt in Vintage Cream
______

How is your pocket scrapbooking going? I'd love to see your pages too! Leave me a link!

Visit a few other gals to see more with the April Monthly Moments products:

8 comments:

June K said...

Love your layout, Danille. And the ears are so cute. I'm very surprised your dog kept hers on.

Leigh Penner said...

These look great, Danielle! And I love how you included the photo with the bunny ears -- those are the things you want to remember!

Jenn Picard said...

Danielle these are such gorgeous pocket pages! I love seeing your scrapbooking pages, and am excited to see you do pocket pages too:)

Gina said...

Oh my word. The bunny ear pic is priceless!!! And the story is awesome. THAT is the kind of stuff that should be scrapped! :) Love, love, love your LOs!

Holly Saveur said...

Stunning..love the detail with the butterfly and the card..great story too!

Larissa Heskett said...

WoW!! Always so SWEET!! =)
I LOVE the Pet Shop Audience!! Some day she Laugh and be so glad you captured that on film!! =) LOVE the Family Pic too!! THANKS for sharing and have a Fabulous Weekend!! =)

Megan Carroll said...

Love all the little details Danielle!!

Yasmeen Elsayed said...

thanks