Saturday, April 12, 2014

Simple Stars...

Our first group post for Papertrey Ink this month is with a new stamp set called Simple Stars! 

These stamps make it so easy to add color and pattern to any project. I've also used a new die called Cover Plate: Stars. All of these new products will be available on April 15th at 10pm EST.
On the first card, I die cut the cover plate from Rustic White cardstock, then backed it with a piece of Hawaiian Shores cardstock. Then I stamped a few of the little stars that fell out of the cover plate and tucked them back in. The larger ones are stamped with the Simple Stars stamps.d



Last, the card front is added to a Summer Sunrise card base. I love adding another color to the card with a different cardstock base.



I've been stamping with a couple of friends here in Colorado, and one thing they told me was that they were surprised by how I just create a card front and later add it to a base. Do you do this? Or do you create a whole card and then stamp directly on the front of that? The reason I do this is because I make a lot of mistakes, and it's just easier for me to adhere the card front later when I'm done. If I mess up, I can toss it and start over with just a front and not ruin the entire card. Plus it's fun to add more color to the inside of the card!

Stars Shine Brightest card:
(All supplies by Papertrey Ink unless otherwise noted.)
STAMPS: Simple Stars
INK: True Black, Pure Poppy, Raspberry Fizz, Summer Sunrise, Hawaiian Shores
PAPER: Rustic White, Hawaiian Shores
DIES: Cover Plate: Stars
OTHER: seam binding - Zipperstop, wooden stars - Studio Calico.
______

This one was intended to be a little more masculine, although I'm not sure how good of a job I did on that! Masculine is so hard for me! I trimmed the Cover Plate: Stars again from Enchanted Evening patterned paper and trimmed it down a bit. I backed it with Tropical Teal cardstock, then added a saying from Simple Stars over the top on Hawaiian Shores cardstock with Tropical Teal ink.
Then I felt like it needed one more color to brighten it, so I added a bit of purple.
The wooden stars are by Studio Calico and a stamped star was added as a focal point from Simple Stars in Lavender Moon ink.

Entire Night Sky card:
(All supplies by Papertrey Ink unless otherwise noted.)
STAMPS: Simple Stars
INK: Tropical Teal, Lavender Moon
PAPER: Tropical Teal, Hawaiian Shores, Aqua Mist cardstock, Enchanted Evening Pattern Pack
DIES: Cover Plate: Stars
OTHER: wooden stars - Studio Calico, twine - The Twinery, sewing machine thread.
______

Visit the rest of the PTI team to see more with these products:

15 comments:

SD pooja said...

Fantastic cards !

LEG Studios said...

Love your cards, Danielle! I actually do both, just depends on what type of card I'm making. If i do use an entire card base & mess it up, I just cut the front off and use the back for a card panel later. It's so nice you have stamping friends close by. I'd love to find some PTI friends near me to stamp with.

Sue said...

Love the blue card with the pops of color! Really great card!

Sue said...

I really like the dark background with the pop of color and use of embellishments. Great card!

Luanne said...

Love your color combinations. Both cards are awesome!

jintyoo7 said...

GORGEOUS, Danielle :)

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, these are fabulous, Danielle!

Jill Norwood said...

Gorgeous cards Danielle! Love all the colors and details! I tend to start with the whole card base but I now want to try just the card front too! I would probably waste less when I screw up! Lol!

nancy said...

Fabulous card, Danielle. The first one is so very you, with what I call Dani colors. Love the idea of a bright pop of color inside the card. I tend to do something more expected (read 'boring'). Enchanted Evening and Tropical Teal look stunning together. I'm going to have to pick up some teal and try this out. My masculine cards turn out similar to yours with a little touch of something not quite manly. I usually end up liking my masculine cards more than I think I should. Guess I need to ruff them up a bit.
Enjoy your weekend. Hope it's snow-free!

Kathie B said...

Great cards! The little details really set these cards apart.

Kathy Krug said...

Love the bright colors with the white on your Stars Shine Brightest card and the monochromatic look of Entire Night Sky. Wonderful sentiments.

Bobby said...

Love your cards. I make card fronts, too, but for a different reason. Well I do make mistakes but I also want to computer generate my sentiment on the inside and can't do that with a decorated card.

clouds said...

hehe, you already know I luv the cards, luv the stars and embellishments, and luv what you did with the masculine card, you did well, really like the twine!

hugs,
C :)

Meghan said...

I am the same as you...I like to create a card front [because I make a few mistakes] then I adhere it to a card base. It's nice to know that someone like you makes mistakes too! :)

Maureen (Moe) Buck said...

I also will make a card front and adhere it to the card base when complete. I think it became a habit. When I joined some card swaps years back, and we only traded "card fronts".