Thursday, February 3, 2011

Five & Dime...

About a month ago or so, I was asked to do some design work for October Afternoon's CHA booth. I really love their products a ton, so I decided to go for it! The patterns and colors are always fantastic! Introducing their new Five & Dime line (my favorite!!)....
These are pictures of my girls 5 years ago! They are now ages 11 and 5. How time flies! I cut my own little hearts from crepe paper and stacked them up for a fluffy look, then stitched them on my page.
Everything on this page is by OA except the pin and crepe paper.
A little heart card made with the new line (buttons and metal button are OA as well). Pocket, crepe paper and rub on are by Melissa Frances.
I think the polkadot paper was my fave. Can you tell? lol
Here I used some ribbon from my stash and tucked the little wallet sized photos in the ribbon. The stitched flowers are hard to see, but I used my sewing machine to stitch the stems.

I really like how the black and white photos look with this line!

And last is another quick card, I cut some large scallops and wrapped twine around them...

That's it for today, but I did make more projects with their new Rocket Age line and 2 of their older lines, so I have a lot more to show you. Stop back again soon!
Danielle

17 comments:

Hope and Chances said...

Gorgeous, I'm going to love these papers :-)

8thgypsy said...

I absolutely love your work!! I cross my fingers for more and more layouts. That is a selfish request as I am not a card person, although looking at your designs makes me reconsider.

Wendy Hammer said...

Really beautiful! I love the pink organza hearts. :)

X♥X♥X♥,
Wendy

http://lotofnothinandalittlesomethin.blogspot.com/ - My Personal Blog ♥
http://wendyhammerdesigns.blogspot.com/ - My Business Blog ♥

Anonymous said...

So lovely! I'm also a scrapper not a card maker but I always get sorely tempted to raid my stash to make some cards whenever I see your beautiful examples! Thanks for the continual inspiration - can so see why all the best companies flock to ask you to design for them :)

farmhouse-story said...

these are so sweet!

Valentina said...

Adorable! Thank you for inspiring me every single time I take a look at your work...

Anonymous said...

You are such an inspiration! I too love October Afternoon and glad you were able to shine with their products. Can't wait to see the Rocket Age since I live in a house full of boys. Have a great week Danielle and thanks for sharing

Betty Kimmel said...

gorgeous line, beautiful pages and cards.
TFS
-BK

Leigh Penner said...

You know, I wasn't too crazy about the new OA paper, but now that I've seen your layouts & card, I like it!
Way to go, Dani-- you totally rocked this product!

Mandie said...

gorgeous layouts (& card) as always, dani! totally LOVE!

Jocelyn said...

Just adore the Lo's and cards!!!!! Love those crepe paper hearts!!! TOOOO CUTE!!!

What a happy post!!!

curlyqmosaics said...

Such fabulous creations! Love the colors, and those dangling pink tissue hearts in the first layout....too cute for words!

Anonymous said...

love, love it all!!!

Laurel said...

Wow, you are amazing! It is all just beautiful!

Marie/Mison said...

Sent you a mail. Might end up in your junkmail, so check there ;).

usiak said...

wow! I love your blog! everything what you showed here is so amazing! and every scrap with your doughter's photos is so cute! :) I hope that I will make something as beautiful as your in future... so, greetings from Poland and sorry for my mistakes. I didn't use english for ages.

Tigriswillreign said...

These are amazing! *sigh* No wonder Nichole's had her eye on you! ;)