Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Harvest time...

There's a chill in the air here today, and I need to go grab me a sweater! Brrr! The colder weather has really put me in the mood to create fall things the past few days, so I'll share a little bit with you at a time. These are both made with Melissa Frances products...

On the Happy Harvest card, I layered some chipboard numbers over a resin frame and added the bat rub on to a transparency to add it over the top. I can't get enough of the Melissa Frances resin!

I know the next card looks blurry...but really that IS what it looks like in real life! :) It sort of has a hazy look to it. To create this card, I stamped the damask onto white cardstock with Versamark ink, then heat embossed with white embossing powder. Then I rubbed my brown stamp pad over the entire card. A damp paper towel takes off most of the ink from the white embossed portion. You could certainly use watercolors over the embossed image for a softer look!
Thanks so much for visiting me today! I'll be back with a Pink Paislee blog post on Friday and some cards for World Card Making Day!

8 comments:

DeeDee said...

These are both gorgeous. Love the batty transparency. :)

Darien said...

Stunning Card!! Love the last one!! WOW!

Leslie Ashe said...

beautiful cards Dani!

Kay said...

Yes, it is getting chillier her in the northeast and I LOVE it!!! I always get a smile on my face when I bring out the cashmere sweaters...ahh!! My son and I even bought a pumpkin at the market today. So fun! ;o)

You are so clever to put a rub-on onto a transparency. Wow, love that idea!! These cards are fabulously Fall!! Love every single detail!!! ♥♥ Kay

jen said...

Love both of these cards! So fun- love the resist technique!

Janey said...

These are pretty cards but they have so much "tall" stuff on them. I guess what I am trying to say is you couldn't really put this in an envelope and send it so do you mainly make these types of cards just for the blog and for show or is this something you actually give someone.
Sorry I hope this doesn't sound bad but I am new to this craft and can't imagine how expensive or realistic this card would be.

Love the Decor! said...

These are beautiful!!
Really love the last one :)

Lucy Edson said...

Gorgeous fall cards. Dani!! Love the sueded look from inking over the paper and embossing!