Friday, September 19, 2008

Feeling like fall!

Wow, the weather is cooling off fast here and fall is underway! Our leaves are already started to fall off the trees, and I've been able to open the windows and enjoy the fresh air. Love this time of year! Taylor's birthday is 2 days after Halloween, so we really love to make the most of Halloween and combine the parties. Anyhow...all of this going on puts me in the mood for Halloween! Do you have any pumpkins yet?

I created this Halloween card for the Pink Paislee blog today with 2 clear acrylic album pages. (I’m hopelessly addicted to anything clear these days!) I first added a silver rub on to the front page from the Pop Fashion Accents rub ons and covered a chipboard square that I had with the Moon Glade paper from the Vintage Moon collection. I had some chipboard numbers from Maya Road that I covered with the Night Owl paper and cut a little flower from the Moon Pie paper. Next, I stamped the Oct. 31 bracket onto part of the clear packaging that my acrylic pages came in and added that over the numbers with a couple of pearl gems. Love to recycle. I topped it off with sprinkling a bit of black acrylic paint over everything with an old paintbrush!
A big thank you to Janelle Richmond over at Sketch This for letting me use her sketch!








On the left side of my card, I added a rub on tree from the Vintage Moon Icons and stamped/cut out the little bat from the Trick or Treat clear stamps. I had to pop it up with some fun wire and glitter it up a bit too!


Love how the layering really adds dimension and interest! =)

Have you seen the 2 new collections coming out by Pink Paislee soon? This is just part of the new Tinsel Town collection:
Tinsel Town postcards
Tinsel Town rub ons:
Tinsel Town ribbons:
...and the Sweet Cakes postcards
Sweet Cakes rub ons:
Sweet Cakes ribbons:
You can see the whole collection with the papers and all HERE: Tinsel Town and Sweet Cakes! I can't wait to try these out, aren't they so cute? =) Have a great weekend and stop by the Create My Keepsake forum and participate in the Scrappy Formulas with us today if you get a chance.
Danielle

17 comments:

DeeDee said...

Hi there!!!

I love your Halloween card and all the layering makes it so interesting to look at...FUN!! TFS!!

Raechelle Bellus said...

What a pretty card! I love the layers! I am also eager to see what you create with the beautiful new lines. :)
One of our Maple's has already shed it's leaves. We've been out there raking every day to keep up. It's amazing how many leaves a tree has. lol! Enjoy the weekend!
Rae

Anonymous said...

Awesome card!! You are so creative!! Love your work!! Char

Diana Waite said...

Danielle! I saw this on Pink Paislee blog and I thought wowy this is BEAUTIFUL!! it's totally fun!
I love Halloween too! My mom's birthday is the day before....I sure wish we could have pumpkins, they would probably go bad, it's so hot here.

Nicole said...

I love your card! I cannot wait to get some of the new PP!!

angie worthington said...

WOWser!!!...that card is awesome!!!...love it...

you know how crazy i am over pink paislee, right?....i HAVE to HAVE that tinsel town line, it is fabulous!!!...

i LOVE fall, too...

Leslie Ashe said...

GORGEOUS Work Dani!!! My goodness - you can work it girl! :)

I LOVE fall too! it's my FAVE!

Julie Overby said...

That pp is scrumptious!!

I'm so glad I checked out your blog(which looks great). I totally forgot about the Scrappy Formula!

Have a great weekend!

Ingrid said...

Your card is gorgeous, Dani. Whenever I see all the wonderful Halloween projects I feel sorry for myself that we are not familiar with Halloween over here. However, I do have a Halloween party on October 31st, so I should be able to use some Halloween stuff.

Unknown said...

♥love♥ this stunning card Dani... every little detail... absolutely gorgeous girl!
have a great weekend!!

Anabelle O'Malley said...

Dani, this card is beyond gorgeous!!! U love the layering and the way you did the 31. Just stunning my friend!

Babydoll said...

Yummy new stuff and I love the card!!

maybe*mej said...

hi. nice blog you got here. How do you get your pictures so sharp..when im insert a card/picture/foto on blogger..they will always get uncharp..im using Cs2.
Love Maybemej.

Cindy Tobey said...

Your card is GORGEOUS!!! The new lines look like fun too!

Audrey Pettit said...

What a gorgeous card, Dani! I LOVE all things Halloween! Love the guys sproining off the top of your card.
Thanks for the peeks at the new PP, too. Looks awesome!

emily anderson said...

okay wow.
this post never ended with the goodiness...it just kept on going!

and i'm so jealous that you are feeling fall weather. this is our first fall here in florida, and it's still 90 degress. who am i kidding...there will never be a fall here. (i'm crying.)
k, enough of that.

bye!

Susannah said...

gorgeous card I love all the layers to it! Fall is great and I so wish we had changing leaves here;0)